Does Vick Deserve a Second Chance?
Do you agree with the New York Times' William C. Rhoden in "The Case for a Second Chance for Michael Vick?" And I'm not just referring to Vick here.
Let's deconstruct the concept:
- Do you think that people who have spent their lives harming animals by eating them, just like I did and much of my family still does, deserve a second chance?
- Is fighting and killing dogs the same thing?
- Is Vick a special kind of creep for what he did?
- Is what he did like hunting?
- Like skinning a mink?
- Like clubbing a seal to death?
- Like "producing" foie gras?
- Like eating foie gras?
- Is it the dogs that are at issue? If they were pigs, would anyone care?
Do you have a personal spectrum of use and abuse or some kind of line in the sand that makes a certain use really deplorable? Do you distinguish at all among the various uses, or are they all as bad as the next in your mind?